Medical Qi Gong Healing and Therapy

the body is a miracle so is health or disease - they are closely related and interact all the time

home the process about bio contact cost LILT articles people

 

medical qi gong healing bradford ontario

On a recent Oprah show, Dr. Mehmet Oz, NY surgeon and health care advocate, sited energy medicine as the medicine of the future. “We’re beginning now to understand things that we know in our hearts are true but we could never measure. As we get better at understanding how little we know about the body, we begin to realize that the next big frontier in medicine is energy medicine.”  

Qigong  

Qigong is a combination of two ideas: “Qi meaning the vital energy that flows through all things in the universe and “Gong meaning the skill of working with or cultivating. Together, Qigong means the skill of cultivating vital energy, or the ability to work with the electromagnetic energy of the body.  

Medical Qigong  

Medical qigong, is one of the four main branches of Chinese medicine along with acupuncture, herbal medicine, and medical massage. Medical Qigong is the study of the energetic map of the body based on classical and alchemical Chinese Medicine. Medical Qigong techniques can be practiced on oneself for self-cultivation or on others as healing protocols.  

Chinese medicine is a complete system of medicine that recognizes the root causes of symptoms or disease, and treats the client as a whole. In the future, dis-eases will be seen and worked with before they reach the physical body. This is true preventive medicine and a return to the ancient Chinese way where the doctor was paid only when the client was well. Generally and simply speaking, some 80% of disease is caused by stagnation or blockage while the remaining 20% can be said to be caused by deficiency. Blockages occur in the physical or subtle bodies where there are inherent weaknesses. It takes time to remove blockages depending on how deep the pattern is. This is particularly true if any form of disease has infiltrated the physical body. The same line of reasoning would apply to deficiency, although in this case, any areas of deficiency must be strengthened. Often a deficiency and blockage occur at the same time. The goal of all healing is not to just treat symptoms but rather to determine each client's particular imbalances with a goal on finding the root causes. Following is a simplified list of the important things a medical qigong practitioner can do to help their client facilitate the healing process.  

Clients Self-Practice 

Meditation and spiritual practices in whatever spiritual path the client feels most inspired by. This assists the client in connecting to something larger than themselves and understanding their condition from a greater perspective of wholeness .

 

  • Medical qigong exercises are simple movements and/or meditations that the client performs daily that will benefit their particular condition. Medical Qigong exercises combine the use of breath with individual physical movements, creative visualization and intention. Medical Qigong exercises empower the client to realize that they are an integral part of their own healing process.  
  •  

  • Physical illness can be the result of long-standing emotional suppression. Current body, mind and spirit paradigms recognize the inherent connection between these realms of experience. Body, Mind and Spirit can be separated only in theory, for in experience they are different dimensions of the same human consciousness. Medical Qigong exercises such as dry crying and beating the bag are just two of the many ways Medical Qigong practitioners work to resolve emotional issues.  

 

  • Chinese Medicine considers man to be a bridge between heaven and earth. As such, for each one of us to reach our full potential requires us to be at ease and free-flowing at all of levels. Medical Qigong is an excellent energetic healing modality for both oneself and for healing others.  

     

    Margit Herburger is a licensed Medical QiGong Therapist. She is available for healing sessions in Toronto, Bradford and also offers distant healing. Her contact information is 647.261.3733 www.lifeisvaluable.com   

    Article published with permission by Lisa Van Ostrand - Dr. of Medical Qigong China and Dean of Psychology at the International Institute of Medical Qigong. For more information visit www.3treasureshealing.com

Articles:                       

 

 

 

 

 

 

Low Intensity Laser Research:

 

 

 

 

 

 
Navigation

 

Testimonial

...kind words
Thank you Margit for guiding me through one of the darkest times in my life.

Marilyn R. (Cancer Client)


healing exercises